Transition Week Beginning 13th July
Dear Parents and Carers.
I hope you are all safe and well.
Staff and I have always been keen to ensure that all children have chance to return to Marshfield before the onset of the new academic year: so after careful thought; further risk assessing and logistical planning, these are the steps we are going to take over the forthcoming weeks to ensure that this is safely possible.
1. School will close on Thursday 9th July for children in years 6, 5 and 1.
2. On Friday 10th July, all families will receive a phone call from the teacher who will be teaching their child or children next year. During this telephone conversation each child will be invited into school the week beginning 13th July to meet their class teacher and undertake some meaningful transition work. We are extremely mindful that September is still an incredibly long way off and we want to reduce any panic or anxiety your child or children might have regarding returning to school after the extensive lockdown period and also the reduce the daunting prospect of potentially moving to a new building, classroom or teacher. Each class teacher will invite small bubbles (groups) of children (no more than 10) on a specific date and time during that week.
3. The week beginning 13th July will run as Transition Week until Friday 17th July.
4. Children who are in key worker or other group bubbles will remain in school until 1:30 p.m. on Friday 17th July. School will run as normal for those children. The only exception is that school will be closed all day Friday 10th July, to enable all staff to meticulously plan a safe Transition Week.
5. We are completely mindful that some parents might still be anxious in returning their child or children back to school. If you would like to request a virtual meeting for your child with their class teacher and support member of staff for next year, please request this during next Friday’s telephone conversation. We will take every step necessary to include everyone.
To close, I would also like to take the opportunity to remind you all about the academisation notice which was posted with annual school reports on Monday. There is an opportunity for parents and carers to attend consultation meetings on Monday 13th July, commencing at either 4 p.m. or 5 p.m. If you would like to attend either meeting in person or virtually, please contact the school office and we will endeavour to adhere to your request.
Wishing you all a restful weekend, just a shame that the weather looks entirely miserable.