Maths - Master the Curriculum
Master the Curriculum
- Resources are aligned with the White Rose Maths framework, Early Years Foundation Stage and Development Matters.
- Early Years is all about learning through play and that’s where Master the Curriculum comes in. Learning is fun, engaging and playful.
- Master the Curriculum is designed to help children work towards maths mastery and have fun while doing so, because enjoyment can make a world of difference to children’s engagement with education.
- Lessons and resources influenced by White Rose Maths focus on three concepts that help children work towards mastery.
Through problem-solving lessons and activities, children are encouraged to use their mathematical skills and understanding to solve problems unfamiliar to them.
Maths reasoning tasks get children thinking about number problems logically so they can reach conclusions, find solutions and decide which methods to use and why.
Fluency tasks help children strengthen their foundational knowledge. They practise applying their skills and understanding to different number problems with varying contexts and levels of complexity, while independently choosing the method they use to tackle number problems successfully. Fluency brings together problem-solving and reasoning.
- Adapted at Marshfield to suit the needs of our children – we focus on the practical aspects/real maths.
- Maths mastery approach which is adapted by complexity rather than number.
- Getting off to a good start in reception helps children acquire solid foundational knowledge and skills ready for Key Stage 1.