Home Page

Important COVID-19 Update

Dear parents and carers

Following government guidance on coronavirus (COVID-19) we have closed our school.


The government says that this closure is until further notice.

We understand the pressure that this will put on families. The health and wellbeing of children is our priority. We are working urgently with schools across the Bradford district to put as much support in place for pupils and parents as we can.


Each school will have their own individual arrangements for setting work for pupils during the closure and will be in contact with parents to inform them of these. 


Bradford Council has identified some schools that will stay open to meet the needs of vulnerable children and the children of key workers.


We will keep the situation under constant review and will update the website as soon as we know if the situation on the school closure changes.


Below is the latest health advice on coronavirus (COVID-19), some frequently asked questions and some contact information that we hope is useful.


Latest health advice


Frequently asked questions

Why have you closed?

The government has taken the decision to close all schools across England because of the situation with coronavirus (COVID-19).

When will school be open again?

The government has not given a date for this. The situation will be kept under review and we will update our website and social media pages as soon as we get further information.

What is going to happen to my child?

Most children will be given work to do at home from their normal school. Your school will be in touch to provide further information of how that will be delivered, e.g. learning packs, online-learning.

If your child belongs to one of the vulnerable groups, they will have the opportunity to attend a school in your local community.

Who are the vulnerable groups?

They are:

  • children who are known to Social Services  
  • children with an Education, Health and Care Plan
  • children whose parents are required to work as they have been identified as key workers


However, if your child falls into one of these categories, BUT has complex health needs then you should follow Public Health England advice about social distancing. If you have any concerns, please contact your school or Bradford Council's children's services on 01274 435600 for advice.

What if my child meets the criteria to attend a local school, but requires support for longer than the school day?

If your child will be attending a local open school, they will be providing support and care outside normal school hours. 

Will my child’s Education, Health and Care Plan be reviewed during school closure?

All schools are provided with advice on how to undertake annual reviews if they are required. This includes how annual reviews can be made without a face-to-face meeting, e.g. telephone, email. 

How will I know if my child can still attend school?

The government has said that some schools will be open for the children of key workers and vulnerable children.

If you believe your child is in one of the vulnerable groups, or you are a key worker, your school should be contacting you. If you haven’t heard anything, you should contact them.

My child has been identified as being in one of the vulnerable groups and entitled to keep attending school but I want to keep them at home. Can I?

If your child is known to a social worker, the local authority may decide to make school attendance compulsory as part of a care plan.

If your child has complex health needs, and under Public Health England guidance should be social distancing, then they should stay home for up to 12 weeks.

If your child shows symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) they should self-isolate for a minimum of 14 days.

If your child has an Education, Health Care Plan, it is expected that they attend the allocated school, which may not be their normal school, unless they show symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) or have complex health needs, in which case they should stay home.

Any parents who are finding it difficult for their children to attend, should contact the SEN Assessment Team on 01274 435750.

I think I am a key worker, what do I do?

You need to check the list from government detailing who is a key worker.

As soon as the list is published, we will provide a link.

If you are in doubt, contact the local school or Bradford Council.

What if I can’t care for my child?

If you are unable to care for your child, you need to seek the help and support of your family and extended networks. Should you require advice on how to do this safely please contact  Bradford Council's children's services on 01274 435600 for advice.

Should your child have an allocated social worker please contact the allocated social worker directly or the duty social worker for the area team.

What should I do if my child gets free school meals?

Schools are currently organising how the meals service can support families through this period.

When details have been confirmed, we will make this information available.

What if my child doesn’t get free school meals but I am having difficulty feeding them?

Contact your nearest local school that has remained open so that they can arrange for your child and/or you to have a meal.

A list of the open schools will be on the Bradford Council website from Monday. In the meantime, please contact your normal school for details of the open school in your community.

Will teachers and staff still be contactable if I need to speak to them?

Individual teachers may not be contactable, however, all schools will be contactable via the usual phone number. 

What about children with exams?

This summer’s exams have been cancelled. As soon as a national announcement is made on what the government and Ofqual (the people responsible for exams) plan to do, we will let you know.

Other useful contact numbers