Free e-learning “Covid-19: Helping Young People Manage Low Mood & Depression”
In partnership with the University of Reading, Future Learn is offering a free e-learning called “Covid-19: Helping Young People Manage Low Mood & Depression”
On this course, young people, parents, carers, teachers, and other professionals can learn helpful, practical techniques to cope with low mood and depression during the lockdown period and beyond. You’ll examine how to help young people structure their day and improve sleep and diet and you will cover the following topics:
• Practical advice on structuring the day and promoting healthy habits
• Helpful family communication to keep conflict to a minimum
• The importance of modelling and self-care
• Tips on managing your thoughts and your feelings
• Using this time as an opportunity for developing resilience
The course will be available online for two weeks from 4th May 2020 and takes just two hours to complete.
Let us know if you complete the course!